Are you looking for how to make and use rice water for hair growth? This post is for you. The thing is simple~ We often buy some Overhyped, glam hair-care products that are nothing but just some clever marketing materials.
But what if I tell you there’s a magical ingredient that can give you 10X better hair care results? It’s right there in your kitchen. Yes! You read this right!
If you are an old reader of my blog, you may know how much I love DIY hair-care remedies. I often try trending tik-tok and Pinterest hair-care remedies for hair growth.
Some are holy grails and some are failures. But DIY rice water for hair growth remedies has stood the test of time.
From Japanese court ladies in the Heian Period to Kim Kardashian and Cardi B. All loved using Diy rice water for hair growth. And You too?
After seeing all the results and glossy hair transformations on YouTube and social media channels I thought I must share this Diy rice water for hair growth routine with you all.
In this post, you will learn How to make and use rice water for hair growth, what are the benefits of rice water for hair, how to make rice water properly and some very important frequently asked questions and their solutions.
I definitely can’t wait to share this awesome Rice water for hair growth remedy.
Disclosure: I have linked some helpful products in this post that contain affiliate links. It means if you buy anything from my links I will get a little commission without any extra cost to you.
Table of Contents
How To Make Rice Water For Hair Growth ~Step by Step Guide
It’s the easiest hair-care remedy! You don’t need so much time to make this rice water at home. It’s very quick and easy to make. This remedy requires 2 easy steps. First is rinsing and second is storing.
What you need to make rice water:
- Half cup of uncooked Rice
- 2 cups of water
- A strainer
- 1 clean bowl
- 1 glass container with a tight lid
- A spray bottle
Method of making Rice Water
Okay so let’s jump right over to the recipe because I know that’s why you guys are here. This remedy also called fermented rice water for hair growth remedy.
Here is the proper method of rice water:
- First take a half cup to a full cup of uncooked rice in a clean bowl.
- Pour some water into the bowl of rice and gently scrub the rice. This helps to get all of the dirt and impurities off of the rice before we actually start to make the rice water for your hair growth.
- Once you have rinsed the rice, drain the dirty rice water out of the bowl.
- Take some sort of sealed container. I recommend using mason jars. It is alright if you don’t have mason jars at home. You have to make sure that the cover of the container is tight.
- Now carefully transfer the rice from the bowl into the container.
- After this add water to the container with the help of a funnel or strainer.
- Mix this with spoon.
- Close the lid tightly.
- Shake the rice water a little bit. This will help all the nutrients and vitamins get out of the rice and into the water.
- Store it for 12-24 hours.
- After storing this, Transfer the rice water in a spray bottle.
- Your diy rice water for hair growth is ready, My friend.
How To Use Rice Water For Hair Growth
This is a very important part. You have your properly made rice water but people don’t know how to use rice water to get most of it. Here is the guide you can follow :
- Before apply this rice water please wash your hair and condition it.
- After cleaning your scalp you can use this water.
- Pick the spray bottle and spray the rice water in your hair roots and scalp.
- Gently massage it with your fingers. This will improve blood circulation which is great for your hair.
- Leave it in your hair for 15-20 min.
- Rinse your hair with normal water.
Benefits of Rice Water for Hair
Let’s understand Why people use Rice water for hair growth? What are the major benefits of using Rice water for hair? Rice water is a simple and affordable hair-care remedy that has so many benefits for our hair?
Rice contains “Inositol”. This helps to penetrate damaged hair and repair it. You can read the study on it.
Rice water is thought to contain many vitamins and minerals. These include:
- amino acids
- B vitamins
- vitamin E
Here are some Major Benefits of using rice water for hair:
Can help hair grow: Rice water promotes hair growth. As we talked about the main ingredient is “Inositol” which helps grow your hair.
Makes hair smoother: Rice water makes your hair smoother. It repairs damaged hair and splits and makes them softer.
Increases hair shine: Rice water helps increase your hair shine naturally.
In short Vitamins, minerals, and the hormone inositol are all found in rice water. Which can make your hair fuller, smoother, longer, and shinier.
Related Post: 3 Best DIY Scalp Scrubs For Healthy Scalp!
Side effects of rice water on hair
There is so much harm in this rice water remedy. I suggest you not do it every day. You can use this remedy once a week.
Best rice water products for hair growth
Now if you do not have that much time to make this remedy at home, you can try some readymade rice water products. Here are some of the best rice water products for hair growth:
Frequently asked questions
How to make rice water without wasting rice?
→ You can use the rice which we store in the jar. You can cook them and make plain rice or make a paste of that rice and make some pancakes.
How long does it take to make rice water for hair?
→ Preparing the rice water will take only 20-25 mins. And storing will take 12-24 hours.
What Rice do you use to make rice water for hair?
→ Any Rice! you can use jasmine rice, white rice, brown rice, or whatever rice is available in your kitchen.
How to make rice water for afro hair?
→ Rice water works for every type of hair so You don’t need to make any specific Rice water remedy for this. You can use this simple same recipe that I shared above.
Liked this Post? Share it!
I hope you enjoyed this post on how to make and use rice water for hair growth. If you think it’s helpful then please share this with your friends and family.
Stay safe, meet you in my next:)