Incontinence can be hard to manage, whether it’s caused by an underlying medical condition or old age. And, according to Health Direct Australia, nearly 5 million Australians grapple with it. Without the essential care and help, it can turn into a debilitating condition.
Fortunately, there are many custom made incontinence products that you can use to provide quality care to your loved ones. From mattresses, bedsheets to clothing – a vast array of products are available at your disposal.
This article will help you understand what these incontinence products are, their types, benefits, and a lot more.
What are Customised Incontinence Products?
The primary purpose of incontinence products is to help people manage their condition effectively, with minimal disruption of their daily activities. Generally, these products can be used by people with any type of incontinence.
With customized incontinence products, you can tailor them to meet your specific requirements of size, material, units, and so on. This flexibility can prove to be quite a blessing in the long run.
What Products Can I Get?
If you are unsure of the kind of products that fall under this category, the list that follows will give you a good idea about what to expect:
- Pants (Pull-ons)
- Incontinence pads
- Lining or protective sheets for beds, chairs, and other furniture
- Products related to skincare and hygiene
- Customised swim gear – swimsuits, shorts, single pieces
It would be helpful to consult a doctor or health practitioner before purchasing these products for regular use.
The Benefits of Customised Incontinence Products
An increasing number of people are turning to various customised incontinence product offerings primarily because of the unique advantages they bring to the table.
- High Degree of Personalisation – You get to buy products that check all your boxes, making them worth the money.
- Variety – Most customised incontinence product suppliers are not one-trick ponies. They have a range of products that can cater to your different needs.
- Quality – You will only get products of the highest quality.
- Utility – The incontinence pads, pants, and swim gear can help you or your loved ones go about their daily routine without much of a hassle.
Economical – A few incontinence products, like the reusable pads, are easy to maintain and can be used regularly after washing.
Things to Consider While Buying Incontinence Products
Here are a handful of things you need to keep in mind while looking for custom made incontinence products:
- Consult a doctor to understand the nature of the incontinence condition fully.
- In the case of pads and diapers, you need to ensure that they are easy to use.
- On the flip side, as far as protective sheets are concerned, opt for ones that have high absorption properties. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose entirely.
- Identify the type of product you want. For instance, three common types of incontinence pads are available – disposable, reusable, and booster.
- It would also help to double-check the material used in the products, especially if you or the person using the product is prone to skin allergies.
While incontinence can be unpleasant to live with, it most certainly is not something that you need to be embarrassed about. And, it’s more common than you think.
Use the right custom-made incontinence products, and you’ll be able to manage the condition with ease. Just remember all the points discussed above, and you’ll be all set!