Butterfly Locs Hairstyles have become increasingly popular in recent years due to their beautiful and unique texture.
These beautiful braids are perfect for anyone who wants a chic and easy-to-care-for hairstyle that can be worn for weeks at a time.
In this post, I’ll be sharing 11 pretty butterfly locs hairstyles that you should try!
Table of Contents
11 Beautiful Butterfly Locs Hairstyles To Try Once
Here are some Easy Butterfly Locs Hairstyles for every hair length to try at your next event.
These hairstyles are quick to do and look so gorgeous on any occasion. we have also added tutorials of every hairstyle that will help you do it at home.
1. Half-Up Butterfly Locs Hairstyle
This beautiful half-up hairstyle is perfect for those who want to keep their hair out of their face but still have some of it down.
- Section the top half of your hair.
- Create a loose ponytail with the top half of your hair.
- Use a butterfly locs braid to wrap around the base of the ponytail to create a more visible and pop-out look.
- Leave the rest of your hair down and let it naturally flow.
2. Butterfly Locs High Bun
If you’re looking for an elegant hairstyle that will keep your hair off your face, try a high bun.
- Pull all of your hair up into a ponytail.
- Twist your hair around the base of the ponytail until it forms a bun.
- Secure the bun with pins or hair ties, ensuring that the bun is tight and secure.
- Use a butterfly locs braid to wrap around the bun, securing it in place by tucking the end of the braid into the base of the bun.
3. Butterfly Locs Space Buns
Space buns are a cute, playful hairstyle that works well with butterfly locs.
- Part your hair down the middle and separate it into two sections.
- Take each section and create a high ponytail on each side.
- Twist each ponytail around itself until it forms a tight coil.
- Take each coil and wrap it around its base to create a bun shape. Secure each bun with bobby pins or hair ties.
- To add extra volume and dimension to your space buns, you can loosen them up by gently pulling at the coils and creating a more natural-looking shape.
4. Butterfly Locs Rope Twists
If you’re looking for a unique hairstyle that will make you stand out, try rope twists.
- Start By Parting Your Hair And Dividing It Into Small Sections.
- Take-Two Strands Of Hair From One Section And Begin To Twist Them In A Roping Motion.
- Twist The Two Strands Of Hair Together, By Twisting Them In The Same Direction Around Each Other. Continue Twisting Down Until The End.
- Repeat Steps Two And Three On The Remaining Sections Of Hair Until You Have Completed Your Entire Head.
- Once you’ve completed all sections, you can tie the ends of the twists with elastic bands to keep them in place.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE – 14 Gorgeous and Easy Hairstyles For Long Hair
5. Butterfly Locs Braided Crown
A braided crown is a beautiful hairstyle that works well with butterfly locs.
- Create a small section of hair at the nape of your neck.
- Then make a three-strand braid with this section of hair and secure the end with an elastic band.
- Create a second braid with another small section of hair right beside the first one.
- Bring the two braids up the back of your head and cross them over each other to create the beginning of your crown.
- Continue adding small sections of hair to each braid, weaving them in as you go until the braids reach the top of your head.
6. Butterfly Locs Mohawk
This edgy hairstyle is perfect for those who want to try something different.
- Part your hair down the middle from your forehead to your nape to create two sections.
- Starting at your hairline, begin braiding a butterfly locs braid on each side, working towards the back of your head.
- Once you reach the back of your head, secure each braid with small hair elastic or bobby pins.
- Use a few bobby pins to attach the braids to the sides of your head, positioning them so the braids are diagonal to each other on the top of your head and the rest of your hair is free.
7. Butterfly Locs Half-Up Top Knot
If you want a stylish hairstyle that’s easy to create, try a half-up top knot.
- Start by sectioning off the top half of your hair, from your forehead to the crown of your head.
- Take the section of hair that you’ve just sectioned off and secure it with a hair elastic.
- Take this section of hair and tie it into a high ponytail. Make sure you don’t pull the hair too tightly or it will distort the texture of the butterfly locs.
- Twist the ponytail around itself to create a high knot.
- Secure the knot with bobby pins or hair ties, ensuring that it’s tight and secure.
8. Butterfly Locs Side Sweep
If you’re looking for a hairstyle that’s simple yet elegant, try a side sweep.
- Start by parting your hair on the side.
- Gather your butterfly locs to one side of your head.
- If you want, you can add some additional butterfly locs braids, or twists to the section of hair you’re pulling to the side.
- Comb through the hair to make it as smooth as possible, and then secure it behind your ear with bobby pins.
Tuck the rest of your hair behind your ear on the opposite side of your head.
9. Neon Butterfly Locs
If you’re feeling bold, try adding some neon colors to your butterfly locs. This is a great way to make a statement and show off your personality.
- Choose the neon hair dye color of your choice, along with preparation products like gloves and bleach powder for highlighting.
- Lighten your hair to a pale yellow shade using bleach powder or by using a highlighting cap.
- Follow the instructions for your chosen hair dye to apply the neon color, making sure to saturate each butterfly locs section evenly. You can also dye just a few strands or the ends of the butterfly loc if you prefer a more subtle look.
- Let the dye sit for the recommended amount of time, typically 30 minutes.
- Rinse out the dye until the water runs clear. Be sure to use a color-safe shampoo and conditioner.
- Style your neon butterfly locs as desired. You can try any of the previous hairstyles mentioned with your new colorful locks.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE – 5 easy and best Bubble Braid hairstyles
10. Butterfly Locs with Beads
Beads are a great way to add some flair to your butterfly locs. You can use them to create patterns or simply add a few beads here and there.
- Choose the type of beads you want to use. You can use wooden or plastic beads, colorful or metallic beads, or a combination of different types.
- Take a small section of hair and thread a bead onto it.
- Repeat the process, alternating between sections of hair with and without beads, until you have threaded all the beads you want.
- You can also choose to randomly add beads throughout your butterfly locs or place them in specific patterns to create a more unique look.
- Be sure to move your butterfly locs around every few days to avoid tension and possible breakage from the weight of the beads.
11. Butterfly Locs with Hair Jewelry
Hair jewelry is a great way to add some sparkle to your butterfly locs. You can use hair rings, pins, or clips to create a unique and stylish look.
- Choose the hair jewelry pieces you want to use. You can use hair rings, clips or pins, and other decorative pieces.
- Take one butterfly locs braid or twist and place the hair jewelry piece at the beginning of the braid or twist.
- Secure the hair jewelry piece by wrapping the hair around it, making sure it’s tight enough so the jewelry won’t move around.
- Continue adding hair jewelry to each butterfly locs braid or twist as desired. You can choose to use one type of hair jewelry or mix and match different pieces for a unique look.
I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I love making it for you! Let me know which is your favorite butterfly locs hairstyle… Share this post with your besties!