Its winter and all you want to do is curl up in your blanket and sip a cup of hot coffee. It’s a challenge to get up early and go jogging. However, you can warm up and keep your body healthy by practicing yoga.
1. Uttanasana (Standing forward bend) Begin by standing straight with your hand at your sides. Now, inhale and then exhale while bending forward from your hips. Your tailbone should be slightly back and your knees soft. Let your hand and your head dangle. Continue bending till your hands touch the floor.
2. Kapalbhati (Skull shining breathing technique) Start by sitting down on the mat in padmasana. Keep your spine straight and your hands on the knees. Your palms should face up to the sky. Now, take a deep breath. Then exhale forcefully by pulling in your navel. Do this 20 times
3. Virabhadrasana II (Warrior pose) Start by standing with your legs three to four feet apart. Now, lift your arms to the side to your shoulder level. Point your right foot to your right, while keeping your left foot pointing straight. Bend your right knee and look towards your right palm.
4. Sucirandhrasana (Eye of the needle pose) Start by lying down on the mat on your back. Bend your knees and keep your feet flat on the floor. Now, lift your right leg and keep your right ankle on your left thigh. Hold your left thigh by interlocking your fingers. Keep your shoulders and head on the floor.
5. Anjaneyasana (Low lunge pose) Start by coming to Adho Mukha Svanasana or the downward dog pose. Take deep breaths. Exhale and bring your right foot forward and place it between your hands. Your right ankle should be directly under your right knee. Now, bring your left knee closer to the floor to come to a low lunge position. Lift your hands above your head in prayer pose and stretch your upper body.