1. Eliminate Your Debt If you're trying to save money through budgeting but still carrying a large debt burden, start with Eliminating the debt.
2. Set Savings Goals One of the best ways to save money is by visualizing what you are saving for. If you need motivation, set saving targets along with a timeline to make it easier to save.
4. Stop Smoking No, it's certainly not easy to quit, but if you smoke a pack and a half every day, that amounts to nearly $3,000 a year you can realize in savings if you quit.
5. Take a "Staycation" Though the term may be trendy, the thought behind it is solid: instead of dropping several thousand on airline tickets overseas, look in your own backyard for fun vacations close to home.
6. Spend to Save Call your utility company and ask for an energy audit. You could save thousands in utility costs over time.
8. Pack Your Lunch An obvious money-saving tip is finding everyday savings. If buying lunch at work costs $7, but bringing lunch from home costs only $2, then over the course of a year, you can create a $1250 emergency fund