Social anxiety is a common experience, and having it doesn't preclude you From leading a fulfilling life.
It can be really upsetting and have a significant effect on your life. Some people find the things improve as the age.
However, it opens persists despite receiving treatment for a long time. If you experience symptoms, its critical to seek assistance. There are treatments available to assist you in managing it.
1. Prepare ahead of time. If you are going with someone, let them know a signal that indicates you would like to leave. If you are going alone, have an exit plan. Think of topics you can talk about.
2. Offer help to the host acts of kindness, decrease stress hormones and can help relax you. Also, it gives you something to do.
3. Focus on the present moment. Anxiety takes you into the future. You are worried about something in bad happening, so if you start sensing your thoughts going into our future scenario and your body starts to activate, pay attention to the room you are in. Notice the colour of the clothes the person in front of you is wearing.
4. Avoid unhealthy coping mechanism such as drinking too much or using drugs to ease anxiousness .This can backfire sometimes and can end up in awkward or potentially dangerous situations.
5. Keep going to social gatherings. Find ways to tolerate the discomfort instead of avoiding it. Avoiding the thing that gives you anxiety is only going to increase your anxiety.